Apr 25, 2012

Being alone is an art form.

What an angsty thing to say right? It's something that people say when they feel bad about not having a boyfriend or girlfriend, or when they feel bad for not being socialites and going out every night. I stand by my statement though because screw you I like being an angsty college teen.


I've had this video saved in my YouTube favorites for a while now and I periodically go back and watch it every once in a while, just to remind myself that being alone for the better part of my week is pretty normal, and can even be a fun experience if I let it be.


I think the fact that my social circle has expanded so exponentially since coming to college has sort of spoiled me into subconsciously thinking that I need to be hanging out with somebody at all times, or at least texting someone at all times. I like being alone though, it gives me time to just be with myself and think about my life and stuff. Deep right? I know. 

I've been meaning to write something about this for a while, and coincidentally Reddit had a post on the frontpage about just this sort of thing. Ah, serendipity. Don't be afraid to go it alone sheeple, wake up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Promote Your Blog